Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring Break 2012

At the end of April it will be a year since I returned to work. I remember before this transition happened in our lives that I would often seek out opportunities to get out of the house and away from the kids whether it was book club, Bunko, Enrichment night or just a girls night with friends to dinner or a movie. Now things feel quite different. I have become something of a homebody seeking out excuses to just be home with the kids even if all we're doing is snuggling up watching a show or playing board games. So it was no surprise that I was super excited for spring break because of all of the family togetherness time it brought. And I was more than happy to just stay here, at home surrounded by the chaos that is my children. We did have a short bucket list of things to do, go on a hike, go to the park, have a picnic, sleep in the tent, have some play dates, dye Easter eggs and go to Kings Dominion for Mason's birthday. We checked it all off and then some. Every single day Gavin was eager to play dress up with Mason and he came up with some pretty creative combinations. He begged me to take some pictures to "put on the blog" so here you go. We dyed our eggs trying some with rubber bands for a different effect, and made a peeps diorama for the Ward Easter party. We even had our first glow in the dark egg hunt at night with eggs filled with glow in the dark bracelets. The kids loved hunting in the dark! Even though we did nothing extravagant, the week was just right for us and we had some much needed bonding time. I can't wait until school gets out and we can do it more often.











1 comment:

Kristy said...

Haha! Playing dress-up is the best! I love your little peeps diorama. And I'm glad that you were able to spend some much-needed time with your sweet kids during spring break.