Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I didn't think I'd cry...


Tonight Gavin graduated from preschool. Today was his last day and for some reason when I dropped him off I just couldn't pull myself together. Mason will be going to the fabulous 4 R's next year so it wasn't that I would miss the school, it's just that I feel like Gavin's childhood is fading and I'm not ready. But he is, oh is he ever! This kid shined like a star in his little teddy bear's picnic performance tonight. He had the biggest grin on his face all night and he sang all the songs the loudest and did his parts perfectly. He was in such a great mood! My favorite moment of the night was in the beginning when all of the children were introducing themselves as bears, and it went as follows, "I'm Eva bear, I'm Sammy bear..." Some of the kids were adding things like, "I love my family" or "I like dogs" and Gavin said, "I'm Gavin bear and my cat bites me!" Maybe you had to be there but everyone was cracking up. I started to lose it again when the kids came out in their graduation gowns and got their diplomas, Gavin looked so grown up. I couldn't be prouder of this little boy and the progress he has made in these past two years. He has been loved so much by these three women who give that school their all. He has been given the perfect start to school and life, I wouldn't change a thing. Mrs. Peacock put it best as she said that they have been cocooned these past two years and prepared in every way for today when they become a butterfly and can spread their wings and fly. I guess I can't keep him a caterpillar forever.




2 comments:

Corri said...

That just looks like the sweetest little preschool ever! What a cute boy! (Do you still have the same cat that you did in college? Was her name Anya?)

Mandi said...

What a sweet little man! Wish I could have been there and I miss four r's terrible after reading that! The gowns look great, by the way!