Monday, May 16, 2011

The Busy Life

I used to to think my life was pretty busy, busing kids around to activities, volunteering at the school, church commitments, Bunko, trying to fit in a yoga class here and there, but boy was I wrong! I remember a while back thinking that I needed to get rid of all of the plants in the house because I simply could not take care of another thing! That pales in comparison to where I am now. How does anyone have a family and work? This new schedule is like constantly trying to lasso a tornado. Every day Jeremy and I have to go over the calendar to figure out who will take Gavin to practice and Cameron to scouts, or chess club, or magic school, or what do we do when I'm at work and the boys both have baseball games scheduled at the same time at different fields?! I'm not gonna lie, it's been tough, but we are weathering the storm of readjustment. On the days that I work I have to get baseball uniforms accounted for and set out along with dinner that can be ready at the push of a button so it isn't too much more work for Jeremy. Speaking of Jeremy, he has turned into somewhat of a super-dad, remembering snacks and toys that will keep antsy kids (Mason) busy for a few minutes which has earned him a spot as the favorite parent at the moment. I love that he can spend this time with them and they are sucking the marrow out of every moment with him. These are good changes, but even though it has been three weeks, we are still getting used to it all. I know that I have been neglecting friends and housework, trying to find room for it all, but fit it will! My camera has been sorely neglected as well, which just won't do. So my request is just that you continue to be patient with the Johnson's while we put our puzzle back together. We are so thankful for the mountain of support that has been extended already and it makes us so filled with love for friends and family. We know where to turn if we need help. Right now life is good and getting settled, hopefully we'll be there soon. In the mean time, does anyone want a plant or two??

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Amen! You are so busy Erika! And I don't think you will be getting less busy in the near future. What hard adjustments. Good luck! Work hard!

LindsayAnn said...

You're an amazing momma, wife, and homemaker. You can see it in your kids, the way you talk about your husband, and it's not a bad thing if the laundry doesn't get folded or dishes sit in the sink. You're doing what's better and best for you and your family and that's admirable. Forget the rest.

Lynette said...

I think you're right on about the lassoing a tornado...I feel like that a lot too! It's really hard at times to figure out how to fit everything in one day and get it all done. And it's hard leaving for work when you know what a crazy night your husband will have without you. But, you'll make it work and it will become easier soon...or at least feel a bit easier. Good luck!!!

Mandi said...

I wish I were there to lighten the load a little for you! I wish so badly that I could. Way to go, Jeremy, by the way! Hope you are liking being back at work and don't feel like such a rookie anymore. Hang in there!

Angie said...

You're so not alone lassoing any tornadoes! And you do it amazingly. So does Jeremy. You guys are truly super-parents and the kids probably love the readjustment. Keep up the good work and GREAT attitude.