Sunday, June 20, 2010

Finished with First


This year Cameron has had a phenomenal teacher at Mountain View. Everything that his teacher lacked last year, Mrs. Phillips had and then some. My faith in the public school system has been restored and I can't tell you what a relief that is! I got to be the room mom for Cameron's class this year which was so much fun! We had more celebrations than we were allowed to, and I became good friends with his teacher. This past week we had our end of the year party and it was a blast. Lots of the parents came and we had a big picnic outside in the blazing hot, sticky weather, followed by games, the most popular being duck, duck, goose, played with a giant sponge of icy cold water that gets squished over your head if you're it! It was perfect in the heat. We ended by going into class and watching a slideshow I put together of the kids throughout the year, which actually made me get teary! Not only is my little boy going to be a big second-grader (that just sounds old!) but he won't have the same teacher which makes both of us really sad. On Friday, their last day, I was acting all excited that school was over and he gives me this big frown, telling me he doesn't want to leave Mrs. Phillips. I can only hope and pray that we are as fortunate next year. We will miss you Mrs. Phillips!

No comments: