Monday, June 28, 2010

C is for cooking and camping

We doubled up on C and did some cooking and camping this week. The boys helped me bake cookies and we made strawberry-watermelon slushies which have become a favorite of ours and are really yummy turned into popsicles!

Then there was camping. The last time we went camping did not leave Jeremy or I with pleasant memories, so this one was a bit more tricky. We decided to set up our tent in the basement and feign a real camping experience. We roasted hot dogs and s'mores (with peanut butter cups) and let the kids stay up late watching a movie from their sleeping bags. I got to go up to bed with Mason while Jeremy slept with the other two in the basement. There were no thunderstorms and I was dry and comfy in my bed. This is the kind of camping I like :)








No comments: