Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"D"inosaurs!





D day was an easy choice for me. We've passed Dinosaur Land before and I've always wanted to take the kids, so we packed a lunch and drove the 50 minutes or so to Winchester to get there and then roamed the park. I wasn't expecting much, their website leaves much to be desired and all it really is is a bunch of dino statues, but to a 7, 4, and 2 year old it was awesome! They had every dinosaur you could imagine, and lots of them were posed eating another dinosaur with blood dripping down- my kids were enthralled. As an added bonus, they have non dinosaur creatures as well, including a shark, cobra, and giant King Kong (??) for your enjoyment. I guess I can check another adventure off our list as I highly doubt we will be returning to Dinosaur Land, but the kids really did love it. Tonight we will be rounding out our D day by watching Jurassic Park for the first time with the kids so we can scare them out of their wits! Should be fun!

2 comments:

Corri said...

What fun! I can't wait to see what else you come up with! Any plans for Q day?

Marilee said...

TOTALLY stealing your ideas. Thanks for thinking outside of the box for me! :)