Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Goodbye Kindergarten...Look out First Grade!!

Gavin is so lucky.  His introduction to school this year was made amazing due to a very special teacher, Mrs. Williams.  If you could conjure up in your mind the ideal kindergarten teacher it would be her.  She is imaginative, patient, experienced, loving, and genuinely cares about each and every one of her students.  And she has been so perfect for my Gavin.  Even though he has been a challenge to her at times this year (like when he pulled his pants down at recess to better shake his booty) she has remained his biggest cheerleader.  Each week when I would come in to help out in class she would always have a funny or endearing story to tell me about my boy, always dwelling on the positive and encouraging me to let his imagination take him wherever he wants to go.  Yesterday was his kindergarten graduation and it was a sad day for me to realize that next year no matter who his teacher is, they won't be as awesome as Mrs. Williams.  I am just so glad that this is the first taste he had for school.  The program was adorable.  They read a book called Chicken Soup With Rice and used it to sing about the months of the year.  Gavin was November and without bias his was the most dramatic (albeit exaggerated) performance of the group.  See for yourself.  I have a feeling this one will be missing school something awful in a week or two.  Even I want to stay in Mrs. Williams room.



1 comment:

Lisa Allen said...

He has such passion for all that he does. He will go far, Erika. And, there will be lots of laughs along the way! He is pretty special.

Lisa