Monday, March 7, 2011

Gavster

What can I say about this boy? I feel like sometimes I portray him as being this crazy, out of control child and that is not how I want to remember him. Yes, he can be pretty hot headed, but he is also equally a snuggly, happy little guy. Yesterday at church I was pulled out of my meeting for this kid. Apparently, they were spotlighting him in Primary and he broke down in tears because their information sheet that we had filled out probably a year ago said that he wanted to be a tanker truck man when he grows up. This is no longer the case, now he wants to be a dentist and this misinformation set him into a drippy, sad little mess. All he wanted to do was sit in my lap and cuddle for a minute and then he was fine. The secret is that I really liked that he needed me to make it all better. Now that he is five, he doesn't need his mommy quite as much. Gavin still takes an afternoon nap which is awesome for me because I have two nappers at the same time and also good for him because he wakes up refreshed and joyful for the rest of the day. I guess we will have to phase this out before kindergarten but as of now I am in no rush. Gavin is my best eater. He often picks fruits and veggies to eat before anything else and he often asks for seconds of salad or for some carrots as an afternoon snack. He also likes to eat the peel on his orange and the core of his apple and our protests that they are yucky make him want to eat them even more. He loves to be scratched on his back and arms and has eczema that keeps him scratching at his bottom all the time. Gavin has great hair. It's never out of place when he wakes up and doesn't need to be cut as often as the other boys because it grows slower and better. He looks like a Johnson, that's for sure and our joke is that he gets his looks from his dad and his personality from his mom... The strong will in the both of us causes us to butt heads the most. But the heart in this boy is pure gold and he can be so compassionate and fragile despite the rough exterior. I love to spend time with just him since this seldom happens with one older brother and one younger. But those are the times when I see who he really is without the competitiveness that can seep through at home. I know I'm not supposed to say this, but I really think Gavin is my cutest, his big brown eyes melt my heart for sure and we love all of him to bits!


2 comments:

Brooke said...

Poor Gavin. I remember asking him those questions just last month and he was so sure in his answers--and there was no mention of dentistry in his future! :) I'm sorry it upset him so. He's such a sweetie!

Angie said...

We love Gavs!!!! His big brown eyes are definitely dreamy!