Saturday, November 27, 2010

Our Nation's Capitol

While Lisa and her family were with us, we went downtown to see some monuments and museums, and to tour the Capitol. We ended up at the Lincoln Memorial and the American History Museum and also Union Station.. I saw some things I hadn't seen in DC before like the ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz and C3PO and the newly preserved American flag that inspired the National Anthem. We also went on a tour of the Capitol which I had not done since I was in school where you now wear these headphones and follow a guide around. It was great to visit all of these neat places, but it was even better just spending time with the Allens and doing this with them. I'm so glad they made the trip up to see us.




That night, we went to do our annual drive through the Bull Run Festival of lights. Jeremy's trusty copper truck died this year but we sure were happy to be able to fit into Lisa and Jimmy's 12 passenger van!

No comments: