Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Gavin's Preschool Graduation



I know that I have raved about our preschool before, but I am reminded at the end of every year that my kids go there what a blessing it is to have a place like 4 R's for my children to go. The teachers are nothing short of phenomenal and being such a small school they really do go the extra mile with these kids and treat them like their own. It is a completely nurturing environment where these little ones can learn the very basics of everything from their letters to how to treat their peers. Mrs. Winger, Mrs. Peacock, and Mrs. Rutter have all become extra mothers to my children and through the years my relationships with them have bonded us for life. They are dear friends and I am honored to know them.

This year Gavin's class did a nursery rhyme program. Gavin had many parts including the Knave of hearts, the farmer that went to market to buy a fat pig, a duck in the 5 little ducks song, one of the King's horses, and he said the Old King Cole nursery rhyme. This kid is a ham and loves the spotlight. I don't think he fully understands that preschool is over but we are lucky enough to be able to send him for a camp there this summer and he's made some good friends that we'll be playing with as well so before he even is aware, he'll be back at school in the fall. The structure has been really good for him and it will take some time to get into a new routine, but we are both looking forward to the summer!

To Market, to market...
5 Little Ducks went out to play...
Gavin with Mrs. Winger
Gavin with Mrs. Peacock