Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Another year gone by...




My oldest turned 7 today. He could not understand why I was not happy that it was his birthday. "You're getting too big, too fast," was my reply and he responded that I ought to ask Jesus to make him into a little baby again. You think it would work? He is my sweet and wonderful Cameron, the boy that goes without in order to prevent Gavin getting upset. The boy that tries to give away his birthday presents to give to kids who will get nothing for Christmas because it makes him sad. The one who also has constantly been reminding us that even if Santa didn't come to our house it would still be Christmas because of Jesus. It is impossible not to love this child and every day I am given more and more reasons to magnify that love. He tries his hardest to please others and is the greatest snuggler ever. This one will do great things one day and be a huge benefit to mankind as a whole, I have no doubt. So as much as I would love to shrink him back down into the babe he once was, I will let him grow into the man I know he will become. But I will always remember how he once offered to put his growth on hold in order to make his mommy happy on his birthday. That's my boy. Happy Birthday Baby!

4 comments:

just jen said...

cute , cute, CUTE!

you brought a tear to my eye with all the growing up stuff.

and wow! you have major cake decorating skillz!

Corri said...

What a wonderful little guy! It is strange to have them growing up so fast, isn't it?

Angie said...

That made me cry! Cam is such a sweetheart!!!

Shelese said...

oh, that is so sweet. what a guy.