Sunday, October 5, 2008

Solid



I'm not sure why they call them solids, because in reality it's really mush, far from anything that resembles a solid. Mason got his first taste of this baby delicacy today as he tried some pasty rice cereal, yum. We waited to start him on real food (the term real is debatable) until he was almost 6 months for a couple of reasons, but mostly because he didn't need it and it was just one more thing to have to do in the day. Also, selfishly, I wanted to keep him little for as long as possible, and for some reason once they start food they seem more grown up to me. Well, he actually loved the stuff and although he's got to work on his tongue reflex a bit, he gobbled down the small amount I made him and wanted more! He even wanted to feed himself becasue I wasn't giving it to him fast enough. Perhaps he won't be my skinny guy anymore!

No comments: