Sunday, December 2, 2007

All things Christmas

Christmas is my favorite holiday. With all of the pretty decorations and lights, Christmas music and anticipation of the big day, it is hard to supress the kid in me. At least now I actually have my own kids to use as an excuse for my giddiness. So this year I have planned out all of the places I want to go and things I want to see before Christmas day. We started on Saturday, by attending the Manassas Christmas Parade where they had floats, balloons, bands, and my kids favorite, the firetrucks from all the local departments. The parade started at 10, and by noon we were all frozen and the parade was only a third of the way through, so we decided to forgo seeing Santa at the end and went home for hot chocolate. Next year we will plan better and show up at around noon. Later, my friend Robyn took our family Christmas pictures which you will all have to wait and see when you get our Christmas card. We came home and Cameron helped me bake Christmas cookies. He asked me who we were making the cookies for and I told him they were just for us to which he replied, "I think we should give them to someone who has no cookies and really needs them." It seems all of the service projects we have recently been involved in- a food drive at school and sending items to the wounded soldiers in Germany, along with some others yet to come have rubbed off on our little philanthropist-score one for mom and dad! Later that night we set off to the DC Temple to see the thousands of gorgeous lights they have on display and to hear a piano concert by Marvin Goldstein of Christmas music. It was a lot of fun and by the end of the day the kids were so exhausted and passed out in the car on the way home. I hope they can keep up with all of the other activities I have planned for the rest of the month!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Erika---Gorgeous pictures, as usual! You're my hero!

Kristen said...

You are always going and doing such fun things with your kids. What an action packed day, and your pregnant too. You are blessed with ENERGY!!