Saturday, September 28, 2013

Just a bit of random

 So I know I have been a horrible blogger.  And it isn't likely to get much better anytime soon.  With all the kids in school you would think I would have tons of time on my hands, and I did, at first and got our house all ship shape by going through closets and organizing like crazy.  But one thing that I have wanted to do when all the boys left (besides curl up in a ball and cry)  is substitute teach.  I started this past week at a local middle school in ESL and in second grade at the boys' school.  Teachers have tough jobs!  But it was fun and I like that it is different every time.  I am doing this on top of my vet tech job so it keeps me very busy, but with this I got to see the kids and have lunch with Gavin and we all came home together.  I was thankful for the freezer meals I stockpiled the week before and it all worked out.  Here are a couple of things we have been up to...


Baldwin has really enjoyed the extra attention he has been getting with the kids gone all day.  We have been going on long walks almost every morning and he is able to get the attention he deserves.  He is 10 months old now and we are already starting to think about letting him go.  The big question is whether we will do this again.  At this point we just don't know.  He has been such an amazing dog and we have all learned from him but I just don't know what goodbye will be like.  We are not looking forward to that one bit.

A couple weeks ago our family hiked Bull Run Mountain, a trail in our own backyard that we only discovered a couple of years ago but this is the first time the kids made it to the top!  We have tried with them a couple of times before but it is a long, steep hike and someone always had wanted to give up.  Not this time!  We were happy to be able to share the incredible view with them at the summit.  We are enjoying the fall weather here in Virginia!

We had a yard sale.  To be honest we did not have much to sell, but the boys (particularly Cameron) really wanted to sell donuts or something to the customers as we have done in years past.  So I made some home made cinnamon rolls and the boys worked hard to get them sold!  They made more than $50!  We even had one guy come back later to buy more to take home to his family he enjoyed them so much!  Mason held the sign and yelled to all the passing cars for the first couple of hours.  Gavin was not really interested in making money and Cameron was stalwart and stayed out all morning.  He didn't even stop to eat his breakfast and didn't eat any of the cinnamon rolls either because he would rather sell them!  What a disciplined guy.

No comments: