Sunday, July 21, 2013

Tsunami Swim!


















Our family swims in the summer.  Like it or not, it is a great way to get outside and stay active during those slothful summer months.  Plus, swimming is a lifelong skill that they will always be able to use.  Cameron and Gavin are on the swim team this year and Mason is on the developmental team.  They all practice together in the mornings and the big boys are often also there for the afternoon practices as well.  They hate the practices, I love that it wears them out, they love the meets, I hate that we have to get up at 5 am on a Saturday to sit out all day in the heat and wait for their 2 minutes in the spotlight.  I guess that makes us even.  I really do love it when they win their heat and get the coveted orange heat ribbon which can be traded in for a candy of their choice at the concession stand.  They are so proud!  Also, you know who your real friends are by how loud they will cheer for your kid, nothing chokes me up more.  We only have one week left of the swimming season and I just love the hard work these boys have put in.  They make their mama proud!

No comments: