Friday, June 17, 2011

On to third

Today was Cameron's last day as a second grader. This week has been full of celebrations at school including a field day and a pizza/ice cream sundae party. We've all been counting down the days until today. Last night when I got home from work Cameron was still awake and when I went to say goodnight, I found him sobbing in his pillow, telling me how sad he was that he wouldn't have Mrs. Vlach as his teacher anymore. Poor thing! He made a card for her when he woke up this morning telling her how much he would miss her. I thought he would be excited to start the summer! It was only a half day today and when I picked Cameron up we came home to celebrate! The kids all ran through some streamers I set up on the porch and we broke some school year rules and watched a movie, played the wii and ate home made cinnamon rolls for lunch. I am so happy to have him here with me during the day now, I felt like he was missing out on so much! We have some fun plans for our summer days and I am anxious to get started. Bring on the summer!





No comments: