Saturday, June 25, 2011

Celebrating the Wilkinsons

This post is so late. This BBQ was actually last Saturday. It's been a rough week!

My sister Becky and her family have been in Bogota, Colombia for the past three years. I have missed her immensely and my children have begged to visit their cousins that they adore. Finally they are here where they belong, but only for a few weeks. They will be moving to Alice Springs, Australia in July. Needless to say we are soaking up as much time with them as possible. My mom had a BBQ for them on Saturday and my sister Kristin came up with her family along with Pop Pop and Jeff's parents. There were 12 cousins in all and never a dull moment. It didn't take long for Mason to warm up to Uncle Kenny- the baby whisperer and the rest of them acted like it was just yesterday that they had been together. Sean is as tall as me and his voice is so deep that I didn't even recognize him on the phone- a sure sign that time really has passed. Mason was just born when they left and now he is a brute of a three year old. Everyone else seems just the same- a bit taller, a bit smarter, but still the sweetest kids around. Everyone has a friend when the cousins are here and I am reminded how important it is for my children to be close with their family- their cousins that they will grow up and grow old with. I hope they are the best of friends no matter how far or how long it has been. Friends come and go but family is forever. I am so grateful for my family and the tight bonds we share.
Ten of the twelve- click to enlarge!

Pop Pop takes a snooze :)
Grandma teaching Ryan how to throw a boomerang


A birthday celebration for Andrew

1 comment:

Lisa Allen said...

What Fun!!!!!We are sooooo sad that we can't be there.
Lisa