Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Mason is SIX!

I have a kindergartener that has been begging for a birthday party for more than a year.  Sad, I know!  This poor kid has gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to having parties, somehow we always have so much going on around his birthday that it gets lost in the shuffle.  Not this year!  We celebrated Mason's big day in a BIG way!  On his birthday he chose to go to one of our favorite pizza places and wanted a Captain America cake- check!  We also brought in cake pops to school.  Since the week after his birthday was Spring Break, we opted to have his party that Friday.  I still remember my 6th birthday party.  It was held in our back yard and we played pin the tail on the donkey, and I'm sure some other games too.  I remember the kids that were there and getting my ears pierced.  I'm hoping Mason remembers some of this day we had for him.  He invited six little friends for a Super-hero party at home and we even played pin the Batman symbol on Batman, along with a bunch of other games the older boys helped to plan and they and grandma all helped orchestrate.  Cameron gave all the kids super-hero tattoos and operated our musical chairs game.  Gavin helped them design their own super heros and had a sack race.  Grandma helped with a bean bag toss and a BINGO game.  And we had a Johnson family first- a pinata!  It was a whirlwind of a party, but I think mission accomplished- Mason sure felt SUPER!  And he is a hero to all of us.

















No comments: