Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Lancaster

Jeremy and I had such a wonderful kid-free trip to Florida earlier this month so I hadn't planned on doing much for the kids Spring Break.  However, we had to put our kitty Anya to sleep and I thought it would be good to take the kids on a trip to keep their mind off of losing such a sweet friend.  Jeremy couldn't take off work, so I packed up the kids and headed up to Lancaster, PA by myself to stay a few days in my mom and Jeff's house up there.  We stopped on the way at the Herr's chip factory.  They take you on a great tour and even let you sample some hot off the belt potato chips that had been potatoes just 5 minutes earlier- yum!  We also took home some sample bags of their newest flavors- lots of spicy ones!  We didn't have any plans in Lancaster, but they do have some of the best food I've ever had, so we stopped at Good and Plenty where my boys did a number on their family style, all you can eat dining, and went to breakfast one morning at Jennie's, a truck stop diner with the biggest breakfasts you've ever seen!  We also tried out a science museum for the first time and it was incredible!  They had so many things for the kids to do like building cars from Kinex and racing them, experiments with magnets and force, a man that did science experiments for the kids to watch, and just lots and lots of hands on stuff.  They are already begging to go back there.  At least now the kids can say they did something over Spring Break!













No comments: