Friday, February 15, 2013

Love day


















Valentine's day was awesome at our house.  The kids really look forward to this holiday and I was thankful to Pinterest for all of the great ideas I got to make their Valentine's unique.  Mason got cards that say "I'm glad you AR-MY Valentine with a green army guy attached.  Gavin got super hero tootsie pops dressed up like Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash and Wonder Woman (for the girls).  Cameron got Star Wars ones with a glow bracelet attached to look like the light saber.  They were all pretty amazing.  A special thanks to grandma for helping me put them all together!  Our breakfast was heart shaped cinnamon rolls and chocolate milk which is a rarity in our house.  The kids all got a new wii game and some chocolates.  For dinner Cameron requested salmon (it's pink!) and I'm happy to say that Mason finally decided he likes salad so we all had that as well along with some apple pomegranate sparkling cider.  Up until now when the rest of us had salad I would just give him cucumbers and carrots to munch on, but this week he has been trying to eat all the colors of the rainbow for school and our lettuce was green and purple so he tried it out (with plenty of ranch) and loved it!  Dessert was a rocky road fondue (also from pinterest) which everyone enjoyed.  Jeremy special ordered me some chocolate covered cinnamon bears from Utah which are my favorite!!  I love having a day to show my family how much I love them, especially when most of that love revolves around cooking ;)

1 comment:

Angie said...

Happy Hearts day! Looks like the Johnsons had a great one. Again so cute with what you did for the boys Erika. You're such a cute mommy. Jonathan ordered me some chocolate covered cinnamon bears too! I miss your cinnamon rolls....