Saturday, December 31, 2011

Skate N Fun(?) Zone

We wanted to plan some fun activities for the family this week while the kids are out of school, so when I saw a Groupon for the Skate-N-Fun Zone that we had never tried before, I jumped on it. I had wanted to go ice skating with the kids, but figured roller skating would be easier for the kids to do. We went Thursday night and after 5 minutes, I wanted to turn around and go home. None of them could even stand up on their skates! I was bound and determined to make it work and after a while we had it down to a system of taking one at a time around either holding their hand or having them use one of these walker type deals with wheels to help them keep their balance. Eventually they improved a little and all but Mason could go without Jeremy or I helping them. There were many falls and are now many bruises, but the kids gave it two thumbs up and want to go back! I think it was a good idea not to try ice skating (can you imagine?) and I also think it may be many more years before we try roller skating again...

1 comment:

Angie said...

I love Mason's face with the skates on!!