Friday, December 23, 2011

Nine

Yesterday the baby that made me a mommy turned nine years old. I clearly remember like it was yesterday being in the hospital and holding this tiny infant for the first time. Cameron is my kind hearted, affectionate, and compassionate boy and I love how hard he loves others. His birthday was the last day of school before the break and I brought in mini brownies with mint frosting to give to his classmates. Then I sprung him and his brother out a bit early and we came home to play with his new legos and his new Yahtzee game. We put the finishing touches on his chocolate and ice cream baseball cake and then went to Cracker Barrel for dinner. That kid has a crazy love for that place and we've eaten there for his birthday dinner for years. Later we came home to have cake with Grandma and Jeff and play with some more new toys. His favorite would have to be the remote control helicopter he received that he has played all day today with as well. After a few tries he really got it going and is quite the little pilot now.

Nine years ago we brought our baby home on Christmas Eve in the snow and I thought about how he was the perfect Christmas gift. He still is.




1 comment:

Angie said...

Happy 9th Birthday Cam!!!