Thursday, October 21, 2010

For My Little Lego Lover




When I was a kid I loved Legos. So it came as no surprise that my kid feels the same way about them. Since Cameron has two younger brothers that like to destroy his stuff, his legos stay in his room away from their grubby little hands. The problem came when the legos threatened to take over his entire room as I found little creations stowed away in his desk, his underwear drawer and under his bed. Clearly something had to be done. We had this old coffee table down in our basement covered in paint cans just begging for some love. There used to be 4 pieces of glass in the top until someone (me) sat on top of it and went bottom first right through one of the pieces of glass. Jeremy and I cut some pieces of wood for each of the 4 squares on top and also closed in the sides so you couldn't see the Lowe's buckets we put inside to store the legos in. A coat of red spray paint and 4 ten inch green base plates glued on the squares and it was finished. Now Cameron can simply lift any of the plates on top to sort his legos into one of the four buckets and keep everything inside the table and not all over his room. He can build towers right on top of the table and they stay put. We're both happy now :)



7 comments:

Kristy said...

Genious. Seriously!

Corri said...

That is amazing, and brilliant! I can't stand legos, and we have way too many of them. I've looked into some different organizer things, but they are pricey and awkward.

I think we need one of those tables! Seriously!

Kerri said...

What a cool Idea!

Lynette said...

THat is awesome Erika!!! It looks way better as a lego table than a coffee table :) Great job!!!

Gina said...

Totally incredible! I would have NEVER thought of that! Way to go. I bet he loves it.

Tami said...

Awesome! I love that! How much fun they will have and it looks fantastic!

Mandi said...

Seriously impressed! I always am, though.