Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A visit from Texas

We love having visitors. LOVE it! We love to take you around to see all the fun sights of our town and stay up late talking and playing games and we love when family comes and brings cousins we haven't met yet that my boys can oogle over and I can cuddle. That's why we were so excited when we found out Jeremy's sister Kimberly, her hubby Aaron and their sweet baby Dean were coming to see us! We went to Skyline Drive, we did the whole DC thing and went to the Dulles Air and Space Museum. We went to the pool and hung out at home where Uncle Aaron was a constant playmate to the boys (Jeremy included) and Kimberly and I could sit and visit. And their baby was almost too much to handle, all 20 some pounds of his little chubby 6 month old body! He was such a trooper everywhere we went and I quickly became his favorite Aunt (well, at least in my mind). It was all too sad that they had to leave this morning and Mason searched the whole house saying "Baby go?" I have to admit, I hoped I'd find them around the corner too. Thanks for making the visit, Ripa family and thanks for the Sweet Tarts! We miss you already!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Um--small world! Your BIL is one of my friend's brothers! How crazy! Oh and there's a possibility that we may make a trip back east next summer (I know--a long time from now!) but if we end up following through, I totally want you to be our tour guide! Deal? :)

Johnsons of Haymarket said...

Kristy- What a small LDS world we live in! I would totally be your tour guide and you are more than welcome to stay with us!

kimberly ripa said...

We had a such a fun time and you both are great tour guides! We would love to return the favor if/when you get to make it down to TX;) Thanks for making our stay wonderful!