Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Freezing in Haymarket

Last Monday, a group of five of us girls got together and swapped freezer meals. Everyone made two different dishes and made enough for everyone to get one. I brought 6 meals and left with 6 different ones. It has really been great to know that a home cooked meal is no farther than my freezer. These are especailly great on nights that we have baseball and I am running around with no spare time to cook- now we don't have to stop at McDonald's! So far everything I've had has been delicious, so delicious that we're going to continue the swap every month. Check out our blog with recipes so you can get started on your own!

2 comments:

Tami said...

That is a great idea! I have made my own meals and made about 24 to 26 in a day. That makes about a month since I don't mind cooking on Sunday and I go out every once in a while. It also saves a ton of money. I love the idea of swapping!

Crystal, Russell and Our Boys said...

I was just thinking that I needed to stock my freezer before the baby came, but that I didn't have very many good freezer recipes! Thanks for sharing your recipes. I'm so excited to try them all!