Sunday, April 19, 2009

I didn't want to do it...

When Cameron and Gavin were babies, Jeremy had to hide the clippers from me so I wouldn't cut their hair. They both had the famous bald spot on the backs of their heads from sleeping on their backs and it drove me nuts! I constantly wanted to even out their hair and was always buzzing it. Well, Mason never was a back sleeper, so his hair came in nice and even and curly! When I added a bit of mousse it would curl right up and look adorable. Jeremy couldn't believe Mason went a whole year without me taking the clippers to him. If it were up to me, I would have let it keep growing, especailly since everyone knows when you cut off a babies curls, they never grow back. Well this time it was Jeremy hounding me to chop Mason's hair, telling me he was starting to look like a girl. I didn't believe it until yesterday the neighbor made a comment about his femininity, and then last night the worker at Chick-fil-a called him a "her." Defeated, I pulled out the snippers and buzzed away those baby fine locks. I wanted to cry, but held back the tears. He still is dang cute, even without his hair-oh wait, now I'm talking about Jeremy...

Before:
The carnage on the floor:
After...
Summer cuts for all! Cameron got buzzed too:
And Gavin:
And something I've been meaning to mention- Notice anything missing from this sweet smile?


5 comments:

Tami said...

I always have a hard time with that first haircut on all my kids. He looks adorable.

Cherilyn said...

So sad when baby grows up - tears : ( I love the curls too but Mason is one adorable little guy no matter how his hair is styled!

Brooke said...

Boo hoo hoo! I looked over and had to take a double take when I saw Mason today at church. Of course he still looks super cute, but it's sad to not see his wispy little wings anymore. I'm just a sucker for baby curls.

just jen said...

they are all cuties!

love the missing teeth and that dimple on cameron kills me!

Corri said...

So cute! And all of your photos are always so gorgeous...I love the header photo of the boys with chalk.