Thursday, February 14, 2008

Be Mine

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I have realized that having kids means every holiday instantly becomes more important. Weeks ahead of time the countdown to the nearest celebration begins and all treats and crafts center on that special day. Valentine's was no exception in our home and Cameron had been looking forward to writing out all of the valentine's to his classmates (which he proudly did all himself this year in lowercase letters) and making some extra crafty valentine's for the really special people in his life. He was supposed to have a big party at school yesterday, but Virginia is the only place on earth that closes schools not for snow, but for ice... Needless to say he was disappointed, but we have been reassured that the celebration has only been postponed until tomorrow. Yet another excuse to have cupcakes and candy, Mom!

What is love? Take it from the experts:

“When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different.You just know that your name is safe in their mouth. Billy - age 4

“Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.” Karl - age 5

“Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs.” Chrissy - age 6

“Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more.My Mommy and Daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss” Emily - age 8

“Love is what’s in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.” Bobby - age 7

“Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday.” Noelle - age 7

“Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well.” Tommy - age 6

“My mommy loves me more than anybody.You don’t see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night.”Clare - age 6

“Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Brad Pitt.”Chris - age 7

“I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones.” Lauren - age 4

“When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn’t bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That’s love.”Rebecca- age 8

“When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you.” (what an image)Karen - age 7

There you have it. I consider myself very lucky to be able to have not only my hubby, but two great kids that make the little stars come out of me. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Those are so cute- I love the one about going out and smelling eachother. And, I must really love Mike cause I usually let him have a few of my fries. :)