Tuesday, October 29, 2013

All Things Halloween

Mid October I had a realization that we had not done anything fallish yet and Halloween was right around the corner.  I set my mind to rectifying that by pulling the kids out of school early one day and meeting Jeremy at Ticonderoga Farms, my favorite local pumpkin patch.  This little place is tucked away so that it feels like a hidden gem.  I think there were a total of 3 families there at the same time as us, so we basically had it all to ourselves.  The kids love the slides, there are tons of them, I love the hay ride because it is long and even Baldwin loved it, Jeremy loves the fire pits because they keep him warm when he forgets to bring a coat :)  We brought hot dogs and s'mores fixins and had dinner and closed the place down.

A few nights later we made doughnuts and carved pumpkins, ad we also participated in the Ward Halloween party and Trunk or Treat.  Luckily (?)  I was in charge of the whole thing this year.  Jeremy and I cut out bats 'till our fingers bled and turned the church gym into a creepy cave.  And those bats didn't go to waste, we used them for our Caring Hands Animal Hospital open house a week later.  I've still got a few things to check off my fall list, but we're working hard to get it all done!










No comments: