Friday, November 28, 2008

Our Thanksgiving








I think this was the most low-stress Thanksgiving I have ever hosted. When I woke up on Thursday, my house was clean, and many of the dishes I was cooking I was able to make the day before. So when the kids woke up, suprisingly later than usual, we laid around in bed for a while counting our blessings and reflecting on all we are thankful for. At 11 family arrived, my sister Kristin and her family, Mom and Jeff, and Pop Pop. We filled up our first "thankful tree" and awaited the big meal. This year we had turkey with cranberry horseradish relish, rolls, home made stuffing, funeral potatoes, corn pudding, green bean casserole, and sweet potatoes. And for dessert, oats and honey pie, pumpkin roll, and a chocolate frosted cornucopia cake the neighbors brought by.

Some of our thankful leaves on the tree incuded:

*family

*cousins

*health

*Santa

*toilet paper

*trees

*school

*clean water

I don't know what it was about this year that made it so relaxing and enjoyable, but for some reason the kids all played together without any fighting, and all of the adults were able to sit and talk and just be thankful. I am so very thankful for my family and the bounty of blessings that I have in my life. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Mandi said...

I am glad that you remembered toilet paper in your list! :) One of the overlooked blessings, I guess.